What does kilometer post mean
By Carlo Jeff
Posted on Jan 21, 2019
Have you ever heard of a kilometer post? Or have you ever seen one maybe? It may be tough for some to know what a kilometer post is and reading it can be even more challenging. We've become so dependent on technology and the internet that we don't really pay attention to obsolete ways of navigation. If you think that GPS and social media is your only way to get from one place to another then you need to recognize what kilometer posts are.
Kilometer posts are the concrete markings that you can see on the sides of the road. These act as mini landmarks and has distance information written on it. They're usually colored with yellow and white paint to make them easily visible to driver's and passenger's eyes. To people who aren't aware of what a kilometer really does or how it really works then take a good read at our description below.
- For starters, kilometer posts are more commonly referred to as kilometer markers.
- The marker has a big "KM" written on it that one can instantly recognize as "kilometer".
- There should be a number below the two letters and these actually mean your distance from the capital city of the Philippines which is Manila. This is also referred to as the distance from "KM 0". Kilometer-zero is the kilometer markers located all over Luneta in Manila. So if you're still not getting the jist, this means that kilometer markers located all over the Philippines can all be traced back to the capital city.
- Below the numbers under the big "KM" sign is a single letter. Can you make a guess as to what this letter means? Well if you can't, then you might as well let us tell you that it's actually the initial of the next town you're headed for. For example, you're somewhere in Bulacan and you see this kilometer marker that showed "0036" under the big KM letters and a single letter "P" under that. So you can simply read that the information posted there means that you are currently 36 kilometers away from Luneta and that the next town, city or municipality starts with a letter "P" - which in this case, means Plaridel.
- Under that single letter, there should also be a digit or digits that determine how many kilometers more you will need to travel to get to the next city. In the case of the example we used above, Plaridel should be 6 kilometers away from Bulacan; so 6 should be written below the letter "P".
- Since this is a very useful information, it's also good to remember that if you happen to spot a kilometer marker on the left side of the road, that means you're direction of travel is headed towards Manila and if it's in the opposite side, you can very well expect that you're going farther from the nation's capital.
This applies to the entire country and can be found in all major highways or better known as the Philippine Pan Highway. This starts all the way from Ilocos Norte and stretches to the tail of Mindanao. So if your phone happens to run out of batteries or your GPS is giving you a hard time, know that there are kilometer post that you can count on.
Car GPS Tracker
UCCP EON PILIPINAS
Sportline Tuning & Style Magazine Auto Show
UCCP Lord of the Wheels
DISTAS 2017 District Assembly
All About Wigo 1st Anniversary
What is TPL or CTPL Car Insurance
What is Comprehensive Insurance?
Anti-Distracted Driving Act (ADDA) effective TODAY July 6, 2017
Choosing the Cheapest Car Insurance
Car Insurance Philippines
List of Traffic Violations in the Philippines
Do I Really Need to Buy Car Insurance?
Top Fuel Efficient Cars
Bank Financing Insurance Penalty
Car Registration Renewal in Philippines
What You Must Know About Plate Issuance
Self-driving cars: Changing the world, one road at a time
4 Things to Do When Your Car is Towed
What Would Happen if you Flee from a Traffic Enforcer on Duty
How to Deal with Christmas Rush and Avoid Traffic
How to Maximize Fuel Efficiently
Cleaning Different Types of Steering Wheels
License Renewal in Philippines
Different Types of Fuel
Car Loan Applications: Tips and Tricks
What does kilometer post mean
Types of Drivers License in Philippines
Proper use of side mirror while driving
How To Determine Car Registration Expiration
How to Avoid Car Accidents
How to Change Car Oil
Traffic Sign or Road Sign
What will you do when you got into car accident
Chattel Mortgage for a Car Loan: What Is It and Its Benefits
Basic Car Maintenance to Learn
Knowing the difference between personal loans and car loans: Which is cheaper?
When To Replace Headlights
Commuter Carpool Saves Time and Money
Why refrain from making modifications to your car
Embrace the Art of Eco-Driving with These Steps
How to be a SaferDriver
The crash of five car dealership outlets amidst coronavirus
Change in bus routes under GCQ
Fate of PUJs under GCQ
Manual vs Automatic Cars: The Best For The Road
Diesel vs. Gasoline: What Factors Should Matter?
Car Blessing in the Philippines
Understanding the Different Types of Car Insurance
Stay Protected with the Right Car Insurance Policy
How to Get Your Car Blessed in Antipolo and Manaoag
Most Commonly Ignored Road Signs and Why It Shouldn’t Have Remained Ignored
Things you need to know before taking the LTO Exam
LTO Reviewer (Tagalog)
Why Left Lane Hogging Should Be Avoided
What is the meaning behind the driver’s license restriction code?
A Guide on How to add Restriction Codes to your Driver’s License
A Detailed Guide On Comprehensive Car Insurance
Why Do You Need Car Insurance Participation Fee
Guide on how to get Autosweep and Easytrip RFIDs
Why you should consider getting an RFID
Flooded Car? Here Are The Things You Should Do if Your Car Gets Caught in A Flood
Tips and Tricks for Washing a Flooded Car
Step by Step Guide to Insurance Claims for Flooded Car
Knowing Your Wheels: Differentiating SUV, AUV, and MPV
How to load your auto sweep / easy trip RFID
Why Car Plate Took So Long to Release?
When is the best time to renew car insurance?
Best Payment Option for You When Buying a Car
Safety First: The Crucial Duties of a Car Owner Through Safeguard Duty
Vaccination cards can now be used for local travel
Is Less Fuel More: Full Tank vs. Half Tank
Is It Bad to Turn Off Car Engine Immediately After Parking?
A Beginner’s Guide to LTO Online Driver's License Renewal and Registration
What is PMS in Car?
A Refresher: Number Coding Scheme in Metro Manila