How to Change Car Oil
Posted on Jan 26, 2019
If you want to save some money for an oil change rather than blowing a couple of bucks at the mechanic’s; then you’re in right place. We got the right Do-it-yourself oil-changing procedure so you can save money while still being satisfied with the result.
Time Allotment Required for DIY Oil Change: Approximately 1 hour
- Oil filter wrench
- Oil drain pan
- Latex gloves
- Jack/jack stands or maybe ramps (may not be necessary depending on ground clearance)
Other Required Tools:
- Oil Filter
- Drain plug washer (As a replacement, depends on application)
Before tinkering away with your engine, make sure you have the right type of oil that will be compatible with your ride. It’s also a good tip to make sure you have it in the amount that you need to avoid putting off the whole procedure for another time. To get this vital information correct, check your vehicle’s manual and confirm the information you need. A car-enthusiastic friend’s advice may be tempting to follow since you won’t have to do any reading, and you can just go straight ahead to the auto shop and get the things you need. However, you may be forgetting the delicacy of this procedure and that pouring in non-compatible oil to your engine or an insufficient amount can be severely damaging to the delicate parts inside it.
How to Do it:
Once you got everything ready, get to your car and use a jack to get good ground clearance if you find it necessary. The best time to make this decision is right before you start the procedure. Unless you’re ok with the inconvenience of getting back up and setting up the jack when you need it then that’s fine too.
- Locate the drain plug and the oil filter. Most cars ever built have a particular bottom-mount filter that can be easily screwed on. Once gaining access to the inside, one need to completely finish re-plugging and draining before getting to work on the filter.
- Drain out the oil. Take the filler cap off and put on some gloves to keep your hands clean. Use the wrench to remove the drain plug and slowly remove it. Keep away from the direction where oil may squirt if you want to stay clean. Place the drain pan at an angle from the drain plug since the oil is most likely to not ooze out in a straight line.
- While the oil is draining, use this time to clean and inspect the oil drain plug. If necessary, your new drain plug washer would go here as a replacement.
- You can now start tightening the drain plug. A good technique to apply here is using the box end of the combination wrench. Use this to tighten the plug as hard as you can. It’s advisable to refrain from using hammers or pipes to do this.
- Change the oil filter and tighten it before putting in the new oil. When putting in the oil, make it less than the recommended amount by one quart. You can now put the oil cap on and start the car.
Car GPS Tracker
UCCP EON PILIPINAS
Sportline Tuning & Style Magazine Auto Show
UCCP Lord of the Wheels
DISTAS 2017 District Assembly
All About Wigo 1st Anniversary
What is TPL or CTPL Car Insurance
What is Comprehensive Insurance?
Anti-Distracted Driving Act (ADDA) effective TODAY July 6, 2017
Choosing the Cheapest Car Insurance
Car Insurance Philippines
List of Traffic Violations in the Philippines
Do I Really Need to Buy Car Insurance?
Top Fuel Efficient Cars
Bank Financing Insurance Penalty
Car Registration Renewal in Philippines
What You Must Know About Plate Issuance
Self-driving cars: Changing the world, one road at a time
4 Things to Do When Your Car is Towed
What Would Happen if you Flee from a Traffic Enforcer on Duty
How to Deal with Christmas Rush and Avoid Traffic
How to Maximize Fuel Efficiently
Cleaning Different Types of Steering Wheels
License Renewal in Philippines
Different Types of Fuel
Car Loan Applications: Tips and Tricks
What does kilometer post mean
Types of Drivers License in Philippines
Proper use of side mirror while driving
How To Determine Car Registration Expiration
How to Avoid Car Accidents
How to Change Car Oil
Traffic Sign or Road Sign
What will you do when you got into car accident
Chattel Mortgage for a Car Loan: What Is It and Its Benefits
Basic Car Maintenance to Learn
Knowing the difference between personal loans and car loans: Which is cheaper?
When To Replace Headlights
Commuter Carpool Saves Time and Money
Why refrain from making modifications to your car
Embrace the Art of Eco-Driving with These Steps
How to be a SaferDriver
The crash of five car dealership outlets amidst coronavirus
Change in bus routes under GCQ
Fate of PUJs under GCQ
Manual vs Automatic Cars: The Best For The Road
Diesel vs. Gasoline: What Factors Should Matter?
Car Blessing in the Philippines
Understanding the Different Types of Car Insurance
Stay Protected with the Right Car Insurance Policy
How to Get Your Car Blessed in Antipolo and Manaoag
Most Commonly Ignored Road Signs and Why It Shouldn’t Have Remained Ignored
Things you need to know before taking the LTO Exam
LTO Reviewer (Tagalog)
Why Left Lane Hogging Should Be Avoided
What is the meaning behind the driver’s license restriction code?
A Guide on How to add Restriction Codes to your Driver’s License
A Detailed Guide On Comprehensive Car Insurance
Why Do You Need Car Insurance Participation Fee
Guide on how to get Autosweep and Easytrip RFIDs
Why you should consider getting an RFID
Flooded Car? Here Are The Things You Should Do if Your Car Gets Caught in A Flood
Tips and Tricks for Washing a Flooded Car
Step by Step Guide to Insurance Claims for Flooded Car
Knowing Your Wheels: Differentiating SUV, AUV, and MPV
How to load your auto sweep / easy trip RFID
Why Car Plate Took So Long to Release?
When is the best time to renew car insurance?
Best Payment Option for You When Buying a Car
Safety First: The Crucial Duties of a Car Owner Through Safeguard Duty
Vaccination cards can now be used for local travel
Is Less Fuel More: Full Tank vs. Half Tank
Is It Bad to Turn Off Car Engine Immediately After Parking?
A Beginner’s Guide to LTO Online Driver's License Renewal and Registration
What is PMS in Car?
A Refresher: Number Coding Scheme in Metro Manila
A Detailed Guide on Where to Buy 2nd Hand Car in the Philippines
Declared Regular and Special Non-working Holidays for 2023
A Beginner’s Guide on How to Parallel Park a Car
How to Make Your Car Engine Rat-free
Traffic Update: A Detailed Guide on LTO’s Online Portal
An Ultimate Guide To Things To Do In Case Your Car Gets Flooded
What is the difference between Third Party Liability and Comprehensive Car Insurance?
How To Extend The Life of a Vehicle