A Guide on How to add Restriction Codes to your Driver’s License
By Andrea Nicole
Posted on Aug 03, 2020
Drivers can update their license's Restriction Code (RC) if they would like to operate a larger vehicle. One may check their current restriction at the front of the license card and the list of restrictions at the back.
The following are the qualifications, requirements, and a step-by-step guide to help you with your application in the Land Transportation Office (LTO).
- is both physically and mentally fit to drive a motor vehicle
- able to read and write both Filipino and English
- has passed the written and practical exam
For RC 1, 2, 4, 6:
Drivers must have obtained either a professional (PDL) or a non-professional driver's license (NPDL).
For RC 3, 5, 6, 8:
Drivers must be a holder of a professional driver's license that includes restriction codes 1, 2, 4, and 6 for at least six months before their application
- An accomplished Application form for Driver's License (ADL) -- do make sure to write all information in capital letters
- A hard copy of the online/electronically transmitted Medical certificate following the LTO prescribed form
- Original and either valid or delinquent driver's license
- For PDL: Original and valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) or Philippine National Police (PNP) clearance
- For RC 8: Original and (1) photocopy of applicant's TESDA Certification (NC III) with a passing rate
The values for the application fees will depend on if the driver is currently holding a valid or expired driver's license.
For Valid PDL and NPDL holders
Prepare at least PHP 400 for the application, computer, replacement fees. A fee of around PHP 170 is charged per additional restriction code.
For Expired PDL and NPDL holders
Prepare at least PHP 760 for the application, computer, and renewal fee. A fee of around PHP 170 is also charged per additional restriction code. Moreover, additional penalty fees are charged, ranging from PHP 75 to 225.
Step-by-Step in the LTO Office
- Request for the Application for Driver's License (ADL), along with the queuing number.
- Submit the accomplished ADL to the receiving personnel. The personnel will then relay the application to an evaluator.
- Once the evaluator determines the applicant fulfills the qualifications, the information shall then be encoded. A transaction ID shall be generated for the applicant.
- Proceed to pay the necessary fees to the cashier and receive the Official Receipt (OR).
- Complete the theoretical test on Professional or Non-Professional Basic Driving. The results will be available immediately. (Note: If failed, the applicant can re-apply after 31 days from the last examination date)
- If the applicant receives a passing mark on their theoretical test, take the Driving Skills Rater or practical exam assigned to your additional restriction code. (Note: If failed, the applicant can re-apply after 31 days from the last examination date)
- If both exam are passed, proceed to pay for the necessary fees.
- Wait until the applicant's name is called to conduct biometrics, photo-taking, and signature.
- Receive both the OR and DL card from the releasing officer, and sign in the release form log sheet.
Note that you can still use your old license. However, you will be limited to your previous restriction codes.
Car GPS Tracker
UCCP EON PILIPINAS
Sportline Tuning & Style Magazine Auto Show
UCCP Lord of the Wheels
DISTAS 2017 District Assembly
All About Wigo 1st Anniversary
What is TPL or CTPL Car Insurance
What is Comprehensive Insurance?
Anti-Distracted Driving Act (ADDA) effective TODAY July 6, 2017
Choosing the Cheapest Car Insurance
Car Insurance Philippines
List of Traffic Violations in the Philippines
Do I Really Need to Buy Car Insurance?
Top Fuel Efficient Cars
Bank Financing Insurance Penalty
Car Registration Renewal in Philippines
What You Must Know About Plate Issuance
Self-driving cars: Changing the world, one road at a time
4 Things to Do When Your Car is Towed
What Would Happen if you Flee from a Traffic Enforcer on Duty
How to Deal with Christmas Rush and Avoid Traffic
How to Maximize Fuel Efficiently
Cleaning Different Types of Steering Wheels
License Renewal in Philippines
Different Types of Fuel
Car Loan Applications: Tips and Tricks
What does kilometer post mean
Types of Drivers License in Philippines
Proper use of side mirror while driving
How To Determine Car Registration Expiration
How to Avoid Car Accidents
How to Change Car Oil
Traffic Sign or Road Sign
What will you do when you got into car accident
Chattel Mortgage for a Car Loan: What Is It and Its Benefits
Basic Car Maintenance to Learn
Knowing the difference between personal loans and car loans: Which is cheaper?
When To Replace Headlights
Commuter Carpool Saves Time and Money
Why refrain from making modifications to your car
Embrace the Art of Eco-Driving with These Steps
How to be a SaferDriver
The crash of five car dealership outlets amidst coronavirus
Change in bus routes under GCQ
Fate of PUJs under GCQ
Manual vs Automatic Cars: The Best For The Road
Diesel vs. Gasoline: What Factors Should Matter?
Car Blessing in the Philippines
Understanding the Different Types of Car Insurance
Stay Protected with the Right Car Insurance Policy
How to Get Your Car Blessed in Antipolo and Manaoag
Most Commonly Ignored Road Signs and Why It Shouldn’t Have Remained Ignored
Things you need to know before taking the LTO Exam
LTO Reviewer (Tagalog)
Why Left Lane Hogging Should Be Avoided
What is the meaning behind the driver’s license restriction code?
A Guide on How to add Restriction Codes to your Driver’s License
A Detailed Guide On Comprehensive Car Insurance
Why Do You Need Car Insurance Participation Fee
Guide on how to get Autosweep and Easytrip RFIDs
Why you should consider getting an RFID
Flooded Car? Here Are The Things You Should Do if Your Car Gets Caught in A Flood
Tips and Tricks for Washing a Flooded Car
Step by Step Guide to Insurance Claims for Flooded Car
Knowing Your Wheels: Differentiating SUV, AUV, and MPV
How to load your auto sweep / easy trip RFID
Why Car Plate Took So Long to Release?
When is the best time to renew car insurance?
Best Payment Option for You When Buying a Car
Safety First: The Crucial Duties of a Car Owner Through Safeguard Duty
Vaccination cards can now be used for local travel
Is Less Fuel More: Full Tank vs. Half Tank
Is It Bad to Turn Off Car Engine Immediately After Parking?
A Beginner’s Guide to LTO Online Driver's License Renewal and Registration
What is PMS in Car?
A Refresher: Number Coding Scheme in Metro Manila
A Detailed Guide on Where to Buy 2nd Hand Car in the Philippines
Declared Regular and Special Non-working Holidays for 2023
A Beginner’s Guide on How to Parallel Park a Car
How to Make Your Car Engine Rat-free
Traffic Update: A Detailed Guide on LTO’s Online Portal