QBE Insurance (Philippines), Inc. has been renamed QBE Seaboard Insurance Philippines, Inc. (‘QBE Seaboard’). As an enlarged organisation with global strength and local market expertise, QBE Seaboard is positioned to deliver world-class commercial and retail products through its broker and agent partners nationwide. The company has two major divisions: the Corporate Division supplies property & engineering, marine & aviation, general liability and professional liability products to both multinational and local corporations in the Philippines, while the Retail Division provides motor and personal accident products to personal lines customers.
Queensland Insurance, Bankers' and Traders' Insurance Company, and Equitable Life and General Insurance Co.
The growth of QBE, nationally and internationally, is the story of an institution that for more than 127 years has played a significant part in Australian commercial history.
In October 1886, two young Scotsmen, James Burns and Robert Philp, established QBE’s foundation company, The North Queensland Insurance Company Limited (QI). By 1890, QI had established over 36 agencies in locations including London, Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
In 1904, the company opened its own offices on Fenchurch Street London. In 1924, QI opened offices in New York.
In 1921, Burns founded the Bankers’ and Traders’ Insurance Company (B&T), with QI being the largest shareholder. The name Traders’ was derived from the Burns and Philp-founded South Sea Islands trading firm Burns Philp and Company, which also had a shareholding in the insurance firm. The Bankers’ was derived from the Royal Bank of Canada-owned Montreal Trust Company, which also had a stake in the venture.
In 1959, QI and B&T each purchased 40% of The Equitable Probate and General Insurance Company, with Burns Philp taking the other 20%. In 1973, QI and B&T merged and took the name QBE Insurance.
The Q was taken from Queensland Insurance, B from Bankers' and Traders' and E from The Equitable Probate and General Insurance Company that had been already acquired by both companies.
In 1991, QBE and the trading company Burns Philp ended their 105-year-old partnership when they unwound their cross-shareholdings in each other.
QBE has since become one of the top 20 insurers and reinsurers worldwide, growing its gross written premium from $1 billion in 1994 to more than $17 billion in 2013.
We look forward to the future with the same excitement, determination and enthusiasm that our founders did in 1886.
In the event of accident or breakdown while travelling. Assured can contact Emergency Roadside Assistance at (02) 328-2026 / 09175286180. (Assist and Assistance Concept)
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
1. Towing up to P 6,500.00
2. Crane Services up to R10,000.00 (one per policy year) 3. Minor on-site repairs up to P 6,500.00 such as jump start, battery boosting, delivery of emergency gasoline, lockout, and tire change. (Applicable for labor cost only, anything that will be used like fuel, tire, etc. will be borne by the assured).
Note: Enrolled vehicle is entitled to an aggregate limit of 3 events
per year. In case of accident, unlimited.
Nationwide coverage except for the following defined as security and risk areas: Lanao del Norte (except Iligan City), Lanao del Sur, North Cotabato, Maguindanao, Sultan Kudarat, Sulu, Tawi Tawi, Basilan, Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, Compostela Valley, Catanduanes, Masbate, Sarangani Batanes (Island), Romblon(Island), Marinduque, Guimaras, Camiguin.
1. Call a Cab. Assured calls at least 30 mins. Prior requested time of pick up. Alarm Center will advise Assured for the rate.
2. Driver on Call. If Assured is intoxicated or unwell and incapacitated to drive, Alarm Center will assist in arranging driver on-call. Cost of the service shall be for the account of the Assured.
3. Car Rental Booking. Assured calls & provide his desired date of his travel & destination. Alarm Center to call at least three providers, options to be presented to the Assured and await final instructions from the Assured.
4. Travel / Itinerary Planning. Assured calls and provide his desired date of his travel & destination. Alarm Center to call at least three providers and best packages to be presented to the Assured and await final instructions from the Assured.
5. Hotel and Resorts Booking /Reservations. Assured calls and and
provides Alarm Center with details (dates in/out, location. Alarm Center provides at least 3 suitable hotels and awaits Assured's final instruction for booking.
6. Medical Consultations- Doctor, Dentist, Pediatrician. Assured calls Alarm Center for required service appointment, with a specific provider, clinic, hospital, health centers or look up other providers. Appointment subject to Assured's approval. Health & Wellness. Assured calls Alarm Center to arrange Classes/appointment depends on the requirement. Booking subject to Assured's approval.
1. Referral to QBE Seaboard-accredited Repair/Service Centers. Assist Assured thru arrangement or referral to the authorized repair/service center.
2. Program/Benefits Inquiry. Provision of basic policy information benefits and availment procedures.
1. Continuation of Journey up to P3,000, one availment per year to bring
Assured to his original destination if vehicle cannot be repaired within 48 hrs.
2. Hotel Accommodation up to P3,000 one availment per year if
breakdown occurs at least 45 kms. away from the Assured's usual
place of residence and if vehicle cannot be repaired within 48 hrs.
3. Return of the Driver. The Assured may reimburse cost of bringing
home his/her driver up to P2,000, one availment per year, if breakdown occurs at least 45 kms. away from the Assured's usual
place of residence and if vehicle cannot be repaired within 48 hrs.
4. Locksmith Assistance. Dispatch of a professional locksmith in the
event that a Assured may have lost or misplaced the key to the enrolled vehicle.
5. Hospital Admission. Arrangement of hospital admission if Assured
needs to be hospitalized due to accident involving the enrolled vehicle.
6. Ambulance Assistance in key cities nationwide. Coordination in the
dispatch of an ambulance if the Assured needs to be transferred from an inadequate to an adequate medical facility in the event of a vehicular accident involving the enrolled vehicle subject to availability, geographical limitations, weather and traffic conditions. Cost of ambulance assistance shall be borne by the Assured.
7. Legal Assistance. Assist Assured in seeking legal assistance related
to vehicular accident and/or insurance claims.
8. Emergency Message Relay. In the event of an emergency following
breakdown or accident involving the enrolled vehicle, Alarm Center shall endeavor to keep the Assured next of kin informed
9. Directory Assistance. The Assured may request from Alarm Center the contact details of LTO, MMDA and PNP.
10. Carnapping Alarm Assistance. Assist Assured in reporting the carnapping incident to the nearest police station.
11. Directory Assistance. Provision of contact details of LTO, MMDA, and PNP
The Program shall not be liable to provide the emergency assistance services that arise directly or indirectly from:
1. Fraudulent act by the Assured or any other person entitled to receive the services under the Program.
2. Consequential losses of any kind.
3. Terrorism, mutinies, riots, actions of the Armed Forces, security forces or other organizations.
4. Participation of the Assured in competitions, rallies, motors sports, criminal conduct or wagers or challenges.
5. Deliberate acts of the Assured
6. The driver of the vehicle being under the influence of drugs, alcohol, toxic or narcotic substances.
7. Not having the corresponding driving license to the class of the vehicles.
8. Secondary towing. This means towing from a holding facility to
another repair facility such as Repair Shop to warehouse, and vice versa, Repair Shop to Repair Shop and Repair Shop to Home.
9. "Zero" kilometer assistance request that requires Minor On-Site
Repair Services (i.e battery boosting, flat tire change).
Paramount Life & General Insurance Corporation
Find the right Insurance for you
Pacific Union Insurance Company
Protect the things that let YOU live a good life
SGI Philippines General Insurance Co. Inc.
Be insured, Rest assured
Security and Protection Guaranteed.
Your Insurance Partner Since 1935
Creating Something Valuable
Alliedbankers Insurance Corporation
MY ALLY with COMMITMENTS at its BEST
QBE Seaboard Insurance Philippines, Inc.
It's our policy to see things differently
We Protect Your Emergencies
Insurance & Surety Company
Providing Stability for Growth